SINGLE PARTNER PLACEMENTS
Leading Authority on Healthcare related antitrust issues joins Sheppard Mullin in the nation’s capital.
Bevin Newman, AI Global’s 2018 Healthcare M&A Attorney of the year, joins Sheppard Mullin as a partner in their Healthcare and Antitrust practice groups in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Ms. Newman has been consistently recognized as a top lawyer in the healthcare industry since 2008.
Labor & Employment pro joins Reed Smith in Philadelphia.
Lori Armstrong Halber joins the Philadelphia office of Reed Smith as a partner in the firm’s highly ranked Labor & Employment practice group. Ms. Armstrong Halber was formerly a partner at Fisher Phillips.
Private Equity Fund Formation heavyweight joins Kirkland & Ellis in San Francisco.
Ken Muller, former Co-Chair of Morrison & Foerster’s Private Equity Fund Group, joins Kirkland & Ellis’ market leading practice as a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office.
Highly regarded Labor & Employment partner joins Reed Smith in Chicago.
Experienced Labor & Employment partner, Tom Posey, joins Reed Smith in Chicago from Faegre Baker Daniels. This placement was jointly facilitated with FCRP International.
Leading International Trade Partner establishes West Coast presence for Crowell Moring.
David Stepp, a highly recognized International Trade Partner, formerly at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, joins Crowell Moring in Los Angeles, to expand the firm’s trade capabilities to the West Coast.
Energy Regulatory Icon Joins Reed Smith in Houston.
Peggy Heeg, former Executive Committee Member and Co-Chair of Norton Rose Fulbright’s US Energy Regulatory Practice Group, joins Reed Smith in Houston to greatly expand the firm’s pipeline development and oil & gas regulatory capabilities. Prior to joining her previous firm in 2003, Ms. Heeg served as the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of El Paso Corporation.
International Energy Deal Pro Joins Reed Smith in Washington, D.C.
The Head of Dentons’ U.S. Regions Emerging Markets and Energy Strategies Group, Jonathan Cahn, joins Reed Smith’s Washington, D.C. office, bolstering the firm’s Global Energy and Natural Resources transactional practice. Mr. Cahn has particular expertise representing significant sovereign investment entities in outbound, multi-national transactions, particularly in the oil and gas sectors.
Perkins Coie Starts Its Venture Capital and Emerging Companies Practice in New York.
A veteran emerging companies partner and former Co-Chair of Lowenstein Sandler’s Brooklyn Entrepreneurial Center, Charles Torres, joins Perkins Coie in New York. Mr. Torres will help lead the expansion of Perkins’ top-tier venture capital and emerging companies practice on the East Coast.
Mintz Levin continues to grow its Intellectual Property Group in Washington, D.C. with prominent Bio-Pharma attorney.
Top pharmaceutical and biotech patent attorney, Mark Pino, joins Mintz Levin’s Washington, D.C. office from Womble Carlyle. Mr. Pino brings extensive legal and industry expertise, including having worked as a medicinal chemist at Agouron Pharmaceuticals, where he contributed to the discovery of Viracept, an anti-HIV inhibitor.
Akin Gump expands its Insurance/Reinsurance Litigation practice with highly respected trial lawyer in Los Angeles.
Top complex commercial litigation partner, James Fitzgerald, who has tried more than 40 trials in Federal and State courts and handled more than 20 arbitrations over the course of his career, joins Akin Gump’s Los Angeles office from Stroock & Stroock & Lavan.
Top Land Use Partner joins Nossaman in San Francisco.
* Prominent Land Use partner, Michael Durkee, from Mckenna Long & Aldrich into the San Francisco office of Nossaman. Mr. Durkee is widely recognized for his expertise and is considered one of California’s top creative land-use minds.
Brown Rudnick expands Corporate practice with high-profile hire in New York.
* Todd Emmerman, into the New York office of Brown Rudnick. Mr. Emmerman formerly served as Co-Chair of Katten Muchin’s Corporate Practice and was a Member of that firm’s Executive Committee.
Top litigator from DLA joins Perkins Coie to start the firm’s Life Sciences Products Liability practice.
* Products Liability Partner, Julie Hussey, from DLA Piper, into the San Diego office of Perkins Coie. Ms. Hussey has extensive Toxic Tort and Class Action Litigation experience in the drug, medical device and food & beverage industries. She will help lead the build-out of Perkins Coie’s Life Sciences Products Liability Practice.
Highly regarded White Collar litigator joins Paul Hastings in Chicago.
* Partner Eric Sussman, into the Chicago office of Paul Hastings. Mr. Sussman previously served as Co-Chair of Kaye Scholer’s White Collar Litigation and Internal Investigations Practice.
Former Federal prosecutor and Healthcare Government Enforcement Partner joins Hooper Lundy in Washington, D.C.
* The placement of Precious Murchison Gittens from Greenberg Traurig into the Washington, D.C. office of Hooper Lundy, the nations largest healthcare boutique firm. Ms. Murchison was a former AUSA for the District of Columbia and has been recognized by both the National Law Journal and Legal Times as a 2014 Washington, D.C. Rising Star.
Elite Estate Planning partner joins Perkins Coie in Chicago.
* Private Client and Estate Planning partner Domingo Such, into Perkins Coie, to start that firm’s Personal Planning Practice Group in Chicago. Mr. Such was formerly a partner in the Private Client Practice Group at McDermott Will & Emery. He is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) and has been named as a Worth Magazine Top 100 Estate Planning Attorney in the United States.
Top-notch Corporate and Energy Finance partner joins Reed Smith in Chicago.
* Corporate and Energy Finance partner, Patricia Dondanville, from Schiff Hardin, into the Chicago office of Reed Smith.
Highly regarded healthcare litigator joins Mayer Brown in Los Angeles.
* Trial Attorney Elizabeth Mann, as a partner in the Los Angeles office of Mayer Brown. Ms. Mann was formerly a partner at McDermott Will & Emery.
Reed Smith opens in Silicon Valley by luring away top Corporate partner.
* The opening of Reed Smith’s Palo Alto office through the placement of Corporate partner Richard Scudellari. Mr. Scudellari joined Reed Smith from Morrison & Foerster.
Former Chairman of Morgan Lewis returns to Philadelphia joining Reed Smith.
* Internationally recognized Corporate and Securities partner, Howard Schecter, into Reed Smith’s New York and Philadelphia offices. Mr. Schecter was previously the leader of the Global M&A Practice at Orrick and prior to that, he served as the Managing Partner and Chairman of Morgan Lewis.
Copyright and Trademark expert moves to Reed Smith in Los Angeles.
* Intellectual Litigation partner, Kathyleen O’Brien, from Morrison & Foerster, into the Century City office of Reed Smith.
Akin Gump starts Outsourcing & Technology Transactions Practice with high profile hire in Dallas.
* Outsourcing & Technology Transactions partner, Michael Brito, from Fulbright, into the Dallas office of Akin Gump, to lead the firm’s Global Outsourcing and Technology Transactions Practice.
Big ticket securities litigator joins Orrick in New York.
* Richard Martin, internationally recognized Securities Litigation partner and former Executive Committee Member and Managing Partner of Heller Ehrman’s New York office, into Orrick.
*All starred placements made prior to Miles Partner Placement.